The Mission of the Information Systems Department is to assist all areas of Municipal Government as well as the Waste Water Commission with matters relating to technology and telecommunications. Additionally, the Department assists the School Department Administration with the use of the Munis Financial software applications.
Narrative: The Information Systems Department is responsible for working with all Municipal Departments, Boards and Commissions and the Administration area of the School Department. The primary tasks of the Department are listed below:
- Provide guidance and direction for implementing, analyzing and monitoring the various computerized systems operating throughout municipal government.
- Study, analyze and recommend solutions for operational problems and training requirements for areas relating to computer hardware, software and telecommunications.
- Responsible for the telecommunications needs of Municipal government, interact with local and long distance carriers concerning pricing, problem reporting and new services.
- Review and recommend new telecommunications products or services that will be of benefit to the Town.
- Coordinate the purchase of items relating to computer hardware, software and telecommunications.