The U.S. Department of the Treasury launch of the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, established by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, contains $350 billion in emergency funding for eligible state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments. The Treasury Department also released details on how these funds can be used to respond to acute pandemic response needs, fill revenue shortfalls among these governments, and support the communities and populations hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Burrillville Town Council has scheduled public meetings to solicit public input:
Thursday, October 21, 2021 @ 7:00 pm
Thursday, November 4, 2021 @ 7:00 pm
The public hearings will be held in the Town Building, 105 Harrisville Main Street, Harrisville. You may attend this meeting in person or via Zoom. The agenda, with join information, will be posted on the Town Council page on our website in advance of the meetings. An agenda with join information will be posted 48 hours in advance of the meeting on the Town Council's webpage here.
Please note: These particular funds are not for use by the schools. There is separate Federal ESSER money dedicated for school needs.
Eligible Uses for the American Rescue Plan Act Funds
- Broadband - Invest in broadband infrastructure with modern utility in mind. Broadband efforts should aim to improve reliability, accessibility and affordability of internet.
- Community Grants - Assist organizations (non-profit) that serve the needs of vulnerable populations within the community, particularly those heavily impacted by the pandemic. Investments can range from assisting individuals to supporting redevelopment within neighborhoods.
- Economic Development - Provide aid to small businesses and industries negatively impacted by COVID-19 and its effects on the local economy.
- Organizational Needs - Address needs within Town departments including potential revenue shortfalls and/or amongst essential employees that improve the capabilities of staff to respond to public needs and support employees most susceptible to COVID.
- Tourism/Travel Industry - Speed the recovery of tourism, travel, and hospitality sectors that are just beginning to mend.
- Utility Infrastructure - Make necessary improvements to water and sewer infrastructures. Utility investments should aim at improving the reliability and resiliency of the utility system.
- More information on eligible uses, click here to read the US Treasury Fact Sheet
For more information on US Treasury recovery funds, visit www.treasury.gov.
- Press Release (5/10/2021) Treasury Launches Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds to Deliver $360 Billion.
- American Rescue Plan homepage
- Assistance for State, Local and Tribal Governments
- Fact Sheet: The Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
Click here for RI Office of Management and Business’ webpage on Pandemic Recovery.
Are you a Non-Profit Organization? Please click here to submit a proposal for consideration of funding. When describing a proposal for funding, please provide justification for the funding need by:
- identifying the harm caused by Covid-19
- describing the effect(s) of that harm
- explaining how the proposed project, initiative, program will respond to the effect of harm.
Are you a resident, local business, qualifying agency, person(s) or entity, and would like to share your ideas on how Burrillville could make use of the American Rescue Plan Act funds? Please click here to submit those ideas.
Town of Burrillville
105 Harrisville Main Street
Harrisville, RI 02830