Assessment bills are mailed out once a year in the month of July. The assessment is considered a lien against your property until paid in full. Should you sell or transfer your property, the assessment including any suspended amount becomes due and payable in full.
Failure to receive a sewer use bill/assessment bill does not excuse anyone from paying these bills plus penalties. Bills are due and payable on the 30th day of the current month of the bill. Penalty is assessed from the 15th day of the next month.
Payments may be made in several ways
- mailed to the address shown on the bill
- paid in person at the Wastewater Treatment Facility (cash, check or credit)
- Online: Your PIN, which is located at the bottom of your bill, is needed to complete the transaction.
- utilizing the drop box at the Town Hall, 105 Harrisville Main Street, Harrisville. Please write Sewer Payment on the envelope (check only, no cash)
- PLEASE NOTE THIS OFFICE DOES ACCEPT POSTMARKS FOR PAYMENTS. HOWEVER, PAYMENTS WITH NO POSTMARK, SUCH AS PAYMENTS LEFT AT TOWN HALL WILL BE PROCESSED ON THE DAY THEY ARE RECEIVED BY THIS OFFICE.
All payments made with a credit card will incur an additional fee.
If you are selling your property, please contact this office to provide us with the new owner's name. This will help to ensure bills are mailed to the current owner and address.
Should a resident be having financial difficulty in meeting the payments, the resident should contact the Commission office at (401) 568-6296 to set up a payment arrangement.